Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 2011 – Surgery 1

We are in a taxi rushing to the hospital…

Not because there is an emergency, nah, apparently me and my oh so fantastic eyesight had miss-read the time I had to be at the hospital.

Actually, in all honesty, I hadn’t read it at all. I remembered clearly that the consultants secretary said 15.30 registration,17:30 surgery…And when the letter of confirmation arrived I didn’t read it again to confirm…

So at 13:30 on a breezy November Monday, my phone went….. “Hi, is this Marco?

Yeah?!?  

well it’s the hospital here, we are sort of wondering where you are, as you were  meant to register round about now.. to go into surgery at 15:30…

Eh, ok… (SHIT!!!!!!!!!) We are just waiting for the bus right now.. but I’ll go and call a taxi instead then I guess…  See you soon.

No comments: