Monday, December 17, 2012

April 2012 - Lost it

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s the night before returning to work after an 8th month absence, and I’ve just lost one of my lenses…..
What now, what if i cant find it, I cant go to work, can I?

I was taking them out, and one fell… and I can’t freaking find it… to say I’m stressed out is putting it mildly…

I had taken all the safety measure, in an area with loads of light, bathroom, stopper over the drain so it can’t go in there, etc etc… but its gone….

For about 15 minutes I attempt finding it myself, until I just have to give in and wake my housemate….
And surprise surprise, another 15/20minutes spent and we still can’t find it…

Until....she suddenly spots it...... on the tip of the bathrooms sinks tap…. Seriously!?!?!?!?!

We had been scouring the floor, any nook and cranny we could possibly come up with to find it on the tip of a tap??  the lens is slightly blue-ish, and this, on a clear silvery surface, can be tricky to find, but still, who would look there?

In any case, it gave me a massive scare, and loads of thinking time about making sure I would have another spare set of lenses in the first place, just in-case something would go wrong, but to spent another £500 just in case I would do something stupid??… well….. if you know me, u probably would’ve told me I probably should’ve….

Ok, I’ll think about it.. For now.. back to work in the morning (-:

No comments: