Sunday, January 13, 2013

Broken Skin, Broken Phone, Broken Pride


PRESENT TIME…

I still have quite some posts to go to bring you all up to date completely, but if you’ve been reading this blog a bit, you will know I’m currently living, in Malaysia, and am most of the time successfully dealing with my Vision restrictions…

Well, today I didn’t…

The period described in this blog has thought me many things, but one big thing id like to think I walked away with was a greater sense of humility … I don’t think I was ever an arrogant person, but we can always use a bit more humility… well, I think I left humility for what it was for a while, as It smacked me right in the face today.

As mention as a sub-header on this blog, I “stumble” on occasions… this is due to depth perception issues and just generally not seeing the best in darkened areas….
Well, over the last couple of month I have found myself navigating potholes and steps, and ditches and uneven surfaces (which are in abundance on the streets of Kuala Lumpur, I can tell you.)quite efficiently, yeah I tripped on occasions, but always regained my balance one way or another…

However, today… I didn’t… regain my balance…

I fell…. HARD… I walked out of a shop, brightly lit, into the darkens outside and did not see the step going down….

Now, I can blame it on the darkness and leave it at that… but it wasn’t the darkens that made me trip, its was the cockiness I’ve developed over the last part of the year that has made me pay less attention to my surrounding, as , after all, I had been so successful in not falling….
Well, today I learned a lesson, it doesn’t matter how successful you’ve been in trying not too fall, if you get cocky about not falling in the first place, karma comes back and bite you in the ass…
Or in my case …… Breaks my Skin, my Phone and my Pride….




A welcome, if slightly painful lesson

No comments: