Monday, December 02, 2013

A new set?

After coming back from Sri Lanka, I still had about 5 days before I could pick-up my new contacts …. They were slightly delayed as the Malaysian Customs department had taken an interest in them.

I was so excited, as after more than 2 weeks of not seeing clearly at all….( In fact, all is saw was this… : )



I was so looking forward to being able to see properly again…..
Well…. That didn’t really go as planned… due to not having worn the RGP that “reshapes” my eye, my eye had settled into a more conical shape and therefor the new lens was waaaay of, and in fact I could not see anything clear if it was more than arm’s length away from me… )-:


The good thing was, that at least up-close visions was great, I could even read properly again, without assistance of additional glasses, something I could not achieve with the RGP’s , ( we had also ordered extra glasses especially for work and anti-glare purposes, but those at the moment in combination with these current versions of the kerasofts do not work as hoped. ) But that’s ok, as ill have a new set of contacts coming my way soon…

The thing is, it’s pretty normal not to get a new contact “right” straight away, it can take upto 6 sittings orso… the problem in my case is that the ones I’m getting now, are coming from the UK and can take a month to get here…
So we did some test straight away when I got fitted with the current one, and order a new version to be delivered next.. Which should hopefully be another week. If they then are fine, we are done, if however they still need some more tweaking, at least ill have a better version than I have just now, so that in itself is an improvement already and will make life slightly easier  for sure…

Let’s just wait and see I guess…




No comments: